Monday, April 9, 2012

Iris

So. Hi.

I R I S     A P F E L

Ella Fitzgerald Puttin' On The Ritz

I randomly stopped by our kitchen table this morning. Lying on it was MS, the picture above flattering its cover immensely. At first, it made me giggle. When I came back later, I felt intrigued. After having read the article, I felt (to tell you the truth) slightly overwhelmed. Once in a while, when I read about extraordinary people, I get that feeling; the feeling of being inspired, of seeing a glimpse of a new perspective, of entertainment and respect. That's how I felt, when I read about Iris Apfel.

Iris Apfel is the new muse for many a fashionhouse. At 95 years old, she is an inspiration for many, with her very personal style (collected through the years from many different countries and ages), her humour, her wit, and her huge, round glasses.

Most importantly she is a brilliant example of style. Style that is not only about being young and fit and commercially beautiful. Style that favours asthetics over youth, and personal style over physical beauty. Style that makes us look forward to being in our 90's, so that we too can wear red lipstick, huge round glasses, and drape our body in eccentric jewellery from all over the world.


I R I S    A P F E L
The coolest grandma I know. Except my own, of course. Ha.
Advanced Style Interview with Iris Apfel
"I'm not some empty-headed fashionista"


Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment