Monday, October 10, 2011

Reversed.

So. Hi.

Björk Virus (Reversed)

 















































A story in reverse:

Nagging. Questioning, wondering. Trying to forget. Pushing to the back of my conscience. Eye-brows furrowing. Disgust. Fear. Eyes widening. Intake of breath. Mezmerized scrolling down page. Puzzled expression. Seeing the pictures. Clicking on the website for Johnny's Bird.

I don't really know what to say. That's the thing about the photos from Johnny's Bird. They, for once, leave me quite speachless.

When I first saw them, I had to cover my mouth in some unpronounced emotion. Surprise? Awe? Chock? Fear? Disgust? For some reason, some of the photos from Johnny's Bird disturbed and touched me instensely. It's very seldom I get such a strong reaction from seeing some photographs. The other exception would be the America series done by Jacob Holdt. And this is different too. This is fiction, this is fashion, this isn't real. Or is it?

After a period of about two weeks, I'm finally able to look at them again. Some of them are delicate, fragile, even sweet. Some are dark, mysterious, even scary. And some are just strange. Some are disturbing. And some are pleasing to the eye. But they all have one thing in common:

They all tell a story.

Does photography touch you like this? Or in any way at all?


Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Can your nexts post be about fashion? Maybe som pictures of your favorit party outfit :) love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment, I really appreciate it. I agree, the photos are quite something! :-)

    I've noted your suggestions for future posts; good ideas.

    Hugs,
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pic. awesome.. :D
    regards Sida Nala Roseberry :D

    ReplyDelete