Saturday, May 7, 2011

Turboweekend

So. Hi.

This weekend has been a turboweekend for me. But that's not today's topic. No, I'm here to tell you about yet another of my Concert Experiences. I'll make it brief, since I have exams to study for, and really shouldn't be spending my time on blogging at all (hehe). But no matter.

'Cause I'm here to tell you about Turboweekend.


Last Thursday, I went to see the Turboweekend's concert.

Turboweekend, a smallish Danish band, plays an mixed genre of indie-music meets alternative rock meets electronic beats. I really hadn't heard very much of their music, but I thought that since I loved "Into the Pavement" so much, it probably wouldn't hurt to check out their concert at Vega. And boy, was I right.

The warm-up band, Kill Screen Music (which, incidentally, isn't some scary heavy-metal band) was sublime. The lighting was fascinating and dreamy, bathing the audience in stars and blue light. And Turboweekend itself was amazing, even live. Very positive surprise, on my account. My friend Male and I had gotten there early, and secured great spots. We stood in the very front, practically hugging the stage, and a little to the right. The crowd was super enthusiastic, and the night involved a lot of dancing, hopping, and shouting. I left feeling completely giddy and elated, as it often happens with really good concerts.

So I'd like to send a special thanks to the band. You certainly made my (Turbo)weekend.

Btw, I'd like to apologise for the dismal quality of the following pictures. As stated before, I completely mauled my Nikon camera during Easter, leaving me sadly camera-less for Turboweekend's concert. That's why I had to take the pictures on my ShitPhone. I love it so much. I can chuck it across a room, scrape it along the asphalt, and leave it out in the rain, and it, miraculously, still survives. What it doesn't do very well, however, is take pictures.

I hope that you think that they're charmingly artistic and blurry, and not just uncoordinated and dark.


Kill Screen Music demanded unwavering attention, as they warmed up Vega.





After that, there was a bit of waiting around. I took the time to examine the stage. Their awesome, glittering drum set in particular. Very cool.



And then the real entertainment started.



Loved the lead singer, Silas, and his dancemoves. Not to mention his tambourine!







That's all for now, kiddies. I guess I had better get back to work. Sigh. Does anyone want to take my biology exam for me??

Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry

No comments:

Post a Comment