Sunday, August 22, 2010

Norway, Babaay

So. Hi!

Today, I am leaving for Norway with my class! This will be very interesting, I think.

Since this is our last year, we get to go on the annual 9th-grade-school-trip. The destination choices are all pretty lame, but we lucked out: me, and my class of 22 students, accompanied by our hopeless class teacher and our in-favour-of-student-slavery math teacher, are going to Norway - to canoo, climb, walk, bike and river raft!

I am very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very excited about this! River rafting!! I have never, ever, in my entire life, tried something so dangerous and exhilerating! Of course I say this now (yaaaaaaaaaaay, river rafting, big waves, screaming kids, danger excitement, yaaaaaaay!) but I know that as soon as I'm at the foot of the river, I'll be thinking "Ooooooh shiiit..."

Oh snap!
Okay, tell me that that does not look like the most terrifying thing in the world???

We'll be leaving today, in only one hour, and we will be travelling for around a bajillion hours by public transport. Car to the trainstation, train, faster train, bus, ferrie, bus bus bus bus bus bus bus, arrival at 1.30 in the fucking morning. Though I'm stacked high on snacks and food, this 12-hour journey sounds very tiring. 12 hours!! By bus and train and ferrie and bus and.....

Like I said, I'm stacked high on snacks, food and candy. I have a humongous sweet tooth, and I loooooove sour candy. So, for my birthday (august 5th, in case you're wondering) my two best friends gave me a container of my favorite candy, which holds 100 pieces of the most delish sour candy I can think of. Yummie in my tummie! So now, after having eaten around half of it, I'm bringing my little bucket of joy with me to Norway babaaaay! I will most probably arrive in a very hyper, sugar-coated state!

Fido Dido Super Sauer Candy
Aka My Bucket Of Joy
My favorite piece is definitely the red head with the green hair!




















So! In around half and hour, I'll be heading out the door, going to Norway babaaay, on my very last trip together with the class I have been in for 10 years! That is one freaking long time to be together with the same 25 people (some of which have changed, or even left, over the years). For our last trip together, we had a sweatshirt made, with a scetch of our class picture on it. Some of the funniest drawers in our class got together and drew a comic drawing of all of us, displayed pretty humorously - as I understand. 'Cause, you see, we haven't actually gotten the damn thing yet! These to very funny people are also probably the most disorganized people in our class! I shudder to think that we actually let them handle the finance and delivery of the sweatshirts.... We only just had them delivered to one of the guys' house yesterday, so none of us have actually seen the mythical sweatshirts yet. It's a tradition that you have to wear it on your trip, and preferrably the rest of the year as well, so it's just tough luck if they're ugly.

Gotta run. I have a country to visit!

Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry

No comments:

Post a Comment