Monday, December 19, 2011

I Just Can't Beliebe It.

So. Hi.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. And God. And throw in Santa Clause for good measure. What have Christmas songs come to?!

I finally managed to locate the Danish interpretations of all-around favorite Christmas songs, which I have been looking for since November. It's called Fra Danske Hjerter, and it's actually.... Quite bearable. Even interesting. And I might have to club you over the head, if you don't listen to at least a couple tracks. What could be worth your while, are "Last Christmas!" by The Kissaway Trail, and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Figurines.

Now. To something else. While I didn't even vomit while listening to the tracks mentioned above (round of applause for this spectacular feat), Christmas music has always been toxic in its own overly sweet, corny, uninteresting, slightly disturbing and uninventive way.

So I ask you:

Would you willfully listen to the autotuned, high-pitched voice of Justin Bieber, while watching Mariah Carey wriggling in an insanely inappropriate elf-costume...


O P T I O N    O N E :


Mariah Carey feat. Justin Bieber All I Want For Christmas Is You




Mariah Carey + Justin Bieber + Christmas sleigh
= SCARY AND WRONG!


.... Or would you rather actually enjoy the music, and listen to a new Danish version of the same thing, that litterally sounds good ?


O P T I O N    T W O :


Figurines All I Want For Christmas Is You (Cover)

Figurines + Christmas music + cosy studio and woolen sweaters
= PERFECTLY BEARABLE!



... Or just say fuck it all, and go Hansi?


O P T I O N     T H R E E :


Hansi Hinterseer Jingle Bells

Hansi Hinterseer + scary red turtleneck sweater + reindeer
= PUKE-INDUCING AND GERMAN!


Take your pick. And excuse me, while I go vomit.

Oh, who am I kidding. I love Christmas music. Hansi, Wham!, Mariah Carey, and even Justin Bieber; as soon as they're dressed up in jingle bells and sleighs and reindeer and snow, I'm hooked! It's my guilty pleasure.





C H R I S T M A S     C O U N T D O W N :
5 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS EVE


Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment