Thursday, December 1, 2011

December ♥

So. Hi.

Hey. It's December... Yeah, it's winter now. Officially. Christmas, actually.

Say what?!



Wham! Last Christmas


Maybe I'm just feeling overly elfish. Maybe it's all the Christmas lights lined up in Copenhagen that are getting to me. Maybe it was the feeling of walking under big, shining, red, bobbly hearts on Strøget today, seeing the twinkle of Christmas lights surrounding the winter-wonderland vs. sickly-elves-wearing-designer-clothes displays of the stores. Maybe it's the fact that I spent the afternoon practising with my class for the MGP-party at Aurehøj tomorrow; singing like a child and laughing like one as well, thinking of glitter, of glam and of drunkenly falling off the stage, while singing about geeks and pretty boys from the 3rd year. Maybe it's because I spent the remainder of my day on a special December treat: being lathered up in shampoo and well-scented conditioner at SuKa, with my favorite hairdresser, where we chatted about Roskilde, about the Christmas holidays and about lying on a sunbed drinking egg-nogg on the 24th of December, in the sweltering heat of Arizona (while he practically had to crawl around on the floor, as he was cutting my slightly long hair). Maybe it's because Radio Soft was playing "Last Christmas", as my newly drivers licence'd friend gave me a lift in to town. Maybe it's because it looks like Santa's workshop exploded in my house, due to my family running wild with the decorations, and I for inexplicable reasons have a Nutcracker standing on my desk. Maybe it's becase I only have to be in school for two hours tomorrow (not counting the many hours I will have to spend on my science paper beforehand).

Maybe it's because the Christmas mood has finally lodged itself in my system. Or maybe it's just because it's the first of December today. But it just might be that my cold and stressed teenage heart is slowly warming its frozen limbs to the Christmas spirit.

But OH MY GOD! It's the first of December! HOLY... (on the off-chance that Santa and and that Jesus-kid are listening)... FUDGE!






C H R I S T M A S     C O U N T D O W N :
23 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS EVE



Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment