Thursday, February 10, 2011

Delicious Brownies à la Box

So. Hi.

Some of you have requested (some more forcibly than others) that I try and make my blog more personal via "what I eat" and "what I wear" and so on and so on. I'm afraid that my eating and dressing habits are in a rut at the moment! I'm addicted to comfy sweaters and pants, I eat about 62 meals a day (and I take seconds) and I have a hunger for cake, that is never completely satisfied.

No matter. I'm very fond of this particular rut. To compensate for my unhealthiness, I went to my gym to work out, for the first time in what felt like eons. BUT! I did it -- I worked out. I ran on the treadmill for 40 minutes, and at the end, I cranked up the speed, and had a spurt to get my pulse going. Afterwards, I used this strange-looking hula-hoop that is supposed to train the muscles in your stomach. Hm. Well, I believe this weird invention -- have growing aches in abdomen. Might have something to do with the tummy-crunches I did with an exercise ball afterwards!

The great thing about working out today was that I felt so fresh and good afterwards! Healthy, healthy me. But then my mom and I stopped by the grocery store on the way home. Yikes. Am now involved in large baking project for my litlle sister's class. I'm not baking from scratch though -- nono, that's way too advanced for Momma and Co. No, Brownie à la Box from the genius of Betty Crocker is what I'm baking currently. And actually, I can really recommend it!


B A K I N G     W I T H   B E T T Y



Now, when I bake.... well, anything really, I have to eat some of the dough. I'm sorry, I know it's what you did in kindergarten and all that. But I can't resist. It's just so goooooood. This time was no exception. I licked the spoon several times, so I'm crossing my fingers for avoiding salmonella yet again. I'm a huge fan of dough-eating, regardless of the egg-content. To hell with salmonella, and gimme the dough! Fwahaha, I laugh in the face of danger.

So, as requested, here are some cake-y pictures from the yummiest project of my day.





No make-up. Looking very tired, but also very satisfied with myself, haha.




In between mixing and minding the cake in the oven, I still found time to pay some of the favorite blogs a visite. Emily Salomon -- You might be looking forward to summer and great clothes. But I'm looking forward to chocolate cake!


Danish readers will laugh at the headline. The best translation for the text I could come up with, is "Whiney Vaginey". Yeah, I was bored. Check out Maren's blog if you get a kick out of the headline.



Cake nearly done! All there's left to do, is ice it!

 Me having a little too much fun with the batter.



It's. Just. So. Good.



One scrumptious cake, ready to devour! Hope the midgets from my sister's class appreciate it's glory. I'll get to have a piece (or 400) tommorrow. Hehehehe.


R E C I P E    F O R     D E L I C I O U S    B R O W N I E S
Makes 16
  • 1 "Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix" from Betty Crocker
  • 1 Egg
  • 75 ml of water
  • 30 ml of vegetable oil
  • Voluntary: "Rich and Creamy Icing" from Betty Crocker
Grease pan. Turn on oven -- 180 degrees celsius. Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl. Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes. If you're a fan of icing and goop, like me, you'll LOVE the icing, that goes with the cake. It's premade, no-fuss, and DE-fucking-LICIOUS.

I actually think that this cake, including the icing of course, is one of the best I've ever tasted. And yes, even though it's a powdered cake à la box. It's just yummie anyway. And besides, I'm pretty sure that Miranda bakes one of these cakes for herself in "Sex and the City" once! Yeah, the same kind! Can't blame her for caking out though... it's just delicioso!



So, without further ado...

Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry

2 comments:

  1. The one Miranda bakes isn'tthe brownie but the normal chocolate cake.... I think. But it tastes awesome none the less, i'm an addict! Haha.
    I wish, I could've had some of that delicious chocolatey goodness... Curse you haha :) <3
    -Sophie

    Www.nuit-sansfin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah -- check out that icing!
    Well, same same. It's from the same AMAZING cake-in-a-box brand anyway :)
    - Carrie

    ReplyDelete