Friday, August 13, 2010

Hello. I am Roseberry, and I am a photographoholic. "Hiii, Roseberry...."

So. Hi.

I'm going to tell you a little something about me: I am addicted to photography, editing photos, and posting photos on my Deviantart-profile. I should probably be in photography-rehab, or something. I feel like I should be getting some sort of counseling, or going to meetings, or at least be talking about my addiction. It's like smoking (even though I don't smoke, I suspect it works the same way). After a while, I start to reeeeaaaallly want to take pictures. And edit them. And post them on my profile. It's like some sort of physical desire - and it's slightly ridiculous...

Here is a link to my Deviantart-profile - please, check it out if you like photography, or if you feel any sort of desire to look at unprofessional, badly edited pictures taken by a fifteen-year-old girl. Ha. Fat chance that anyone is going to click on it!

My Deviantart Profile!

Heres an example of my addiction: Every day I come home from school, or anything really, I go straight to my computer. Normal teenagers are addicted to facebook, or perhaps messenger. Not me. I go straight to deviantart.com and see if anyone has commented or liked my photographs. This is a rare thing, I tell you, but afterwards, I just can't get myself off the website! So for lack of things to do, I start posting photos. Old photos. Manipulating photos. Editing. Posting. Editing. Posting. Searching for other photos. Posting. Editing. And so on, and so on, and so on and on and on and ononononononononononon.

Though I actually feel like I'm a decent photographer, and that my camera is really good, I don't get a lot of feedback, which I would actually really appreciate if I did. Actually, now I think of it, no one really follows my work! Except a few people (friends, who mostly do it out of pity, haha). But I just keep editing pictures and posting them, editing, posting, and so on, you know the mantra.

I actually really like it. Photography, that is. I have only come to notice this after my parents gave me my camera, a Nikon D5000 incidentally. It's great! I use it all the time, taking pictures of anything and anyone that comes my way! Graffitti, amazing (and unknowing) people, scenery, plants, the city, you name it! I really didn't have a hobby before, that I could do without any sort of instruction, or that I took up with my own will, so this is new to me. I wasn't any good when I started, but I liked fooling around with it - I have taken about 500 pictures of my feet, hands, hair, desk, floor, dog, eyes, nose, shoes, and a lot of blurry shots taken while I shook my camera. So, yeah. I wasn't any good. Now I see myself as a mediocre photographer. I'm okay, but I don't think I really leave an impression.

Here are some of my best shots (in my opinion):

Folding Anguish
Immunity
Falling Into My Own Head
Gimme That Swing
In The Heart Of The Flame
Capturing Your Passion
In My Hair
Her Whip

 
SO THAT'S MY GOAL! I really want to become a great photographer - not that I wan't to live off it, though - so that can join in conversations about lighting and lenses and angles like a real pro. And just, well, be a real pro! I don't really expect that I'll be better than... well, anyone, to be frank, but I actually really enjoy it anyway.

Thanks for listening (and looking!),

I Am Roseberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment