Friday, August 31, 2012

Coldplay

So. Hi.

In music class atm, thinking of music. 

Went to the most amazing Coldplay concert in Parken last Tuesday. They're on tour with their most recent album, "Mylo Xyloto", and these favorite Brits of mine were gracious enough to visit Denmark for a concert that, well, blew my mind.

First of all, everyone was given a little bracelet, that lit up during the concert. In effect, it was as if 50 thousand small, colored stars were specked around the audience, shining in blue, pink, yellow, white and green. It was like standing in a colored galaxy; Coldplay's galaxy.

On my tour of planet Mylo Xyloto, I stood very close to the stage; our space was amazing, the crowd was wild, and Chris Martin stood only a meter from me at times! And when songs like "Hurts like Heaven", "Paradise" and "Clocks" were played, everyone danced, jumped and sang along like they had only listened to Coldplay all their lives. The show was amazing; the blazing lights, the on-stage canvases that displayed videos of the band, the audience and colored animations, confetti fired all over the crowd, and best of all, the amazing performance of the band. To put it mildly, I wasn't disappointed. And when "Us Against the World" and "Viva la Vida" were played, I couldn't help but feel a little teary.

It was worth every penny, every minute of waiting (5 hours) and listening to the horrible warm-up bands (Marina and the Diamonds can not sing a proper, in-pitch falsetto for half an hour!), every agony in my tired legs, every jump, scream and loud singing that wrecked my voice.

Oh, Coldplay. Come again soon!




Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment