Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tribute To Barney Stinson Of "How I Met Your Mother"

So. Hi.

Today, I want to take a minute to honor a great (ficticious) man: Barney Stinson.

Do you watch How I Met Your Mother? If you don't, you should. It's awesome. Well, in HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother for short) we meet a group of 5 friends: Ted, Robin, Marshall, Lily and Barney.

We see their story from Ted's angle. Ted, our main character, recounts the story of how he met the mother of his children - his story takes place in New York, where he was a romantic man in his late 20's, early 30's. During the whole series, you never quite know who the mother of his children will be -- that's the beauty of the show. His central relationship is with Robin, whom he remains friends with after they have dated, though there are still some unresolved feelings between them. All in all, Ted and his friends go through several problems and fun experiences in life, and in love.

You can watch How I Met Your Mother here, if you like: Cucirca

The point of this summary: Barney Stinson. Barney is one of Ted's best male friends, and a total womanizer. And I love him.

B A R N E Y    S T I N S O N

Barney Stinson, played by Neil Patrick Harris

So. Barney. What can you say about this man?

Barney Stinson is a total womanizer. He is the most hilarious person on the show. Barney's relationship to women is... well.... casual. Casual in the sense that women are expendable to him, and that he can always hook up with someone new. Though many may think that this is uncharming, with Barney, it's simply funny in his own awesome way.

Barney has a series of things he likes to do or say, that sort of define his character. For example: His suits. Barney always wears a suit, and consistantly asks Ted to "suit up" when going out. Another example is his high fives, or knuckle bumps -- he uses these very frequently after basically each perverted joke he makes, which makes it twice as funny as it really is. The third example is his use of the words "awesome" and "legen - wait for it! - dary". All these things define Barney.

If this was a toast, I would have you all raise your glass to Barney -- for catching me when we have lowered our boundaries, and making us laugh for it. For being ridiculously certain in his beliefs, and in himself. Here's to Barney Stinson -- womanizer and genius.

Quotes:

Lily is working on a painting of Barney holding a sword.
Lily: “I don't think your sword will fit.”
Barney: “I get that a lot.”

First explaining to Marshall about his unique qualities:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”
Barney, describing his brother: “He's the awesomest, most best-lookingest, greatest guy ever!”
Lily: “He's exactly like Barney.”
Barney: “That's what I just said.”

Barney: "It's gonna be legend-... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!”
Barney: “God, it's me, Barney. What up? I know we don't talk much, but I know a lot of girls call out your name because of me.”


Watch How I Met Your Mother. Love you guys.


Thanks for listening.

I Am Roseberry

No comments:

Post a Comment