Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Anna In Pink.




So. Hi.

My beautiful friend Anna came up to me one day, and said to me: "Caroline, tomorrow my hair is going to be pink". And it was. Oooohh, but it was. Pink and beautiful.

Anna used to have hair the color of light chocolate. Now, it's a deep, vibrating, dark pink. The reactions she has gotten out of this have varied; from envy to strange looks to degrading comments to amazed compliments.

I admire Anna's courage and her whimsical teenage-choice. I know that dying your hair some whacky color has been a classic teenage rebellion-move since the dawn of time; or at least the dawn of hair-dye. But still; it's different when you see it up close. Anna is actually only the second of my close friends to announce, that she was going to dye her hair. Other girls I know have started coloring their hair as well; blue, green, pink... Dip-dye, or like Anna, all the way through. And, to be honest, I don't think I'd ever haver the zeal or courage to do it myself. But maybe that's just because I'd look like Nicki Minaj in a bad pink wig.

But hey. These are the years of our teenage rebellion! And "if you're going to do something in life, you should go all the way..."

Good for you, Anna!




Pink Floyd The Great Gig In The Sky



Model Anna Elise Martensen
Photographer and stylist Ida Marie Martensen


ANNA ELISE MARTENSEN, 16, COPENHAGEN:

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE IN GENERAL?

I really don't know how to describe my style. I get inspired daily by different things; art, music, pictures, photography of streetstyle and, above all, my sister. She has a really special grunge / japanese / pastel-colored style. Most of all, I think she inspires me every day to think "Fuck what other people think, I'll put this on, because I feel like it right now." So yeah, my style is my mood, I guess. I don't know!


HOW DID YOU DECIDE ON COLORING YOUR HAIR BRIGHT PINK?

First of all, I didn't exactly plan for it to happen; I took an impulsive decision, because lately I've been walking around, feeling tired of the thought, that I had never done anything crazy or strange with my hair. And since so many girls at AU (Aurehøj Gymnasium) gradually have started getting the fashionable dip-dyes in pretty colors, I thought (as previously stated) "Fuck it, I'm going all in this time, I've never tried being rebellious, and that's just something you've got to try." If you're going to do something in life, you should go all the way!


WHAT KIND OF REACTIONS HAVE YOU GOTTEN OUT OF YOUR NEW HAIR?

I have gotten many different reactions. As far as my parents are concerned, I have to say, the enthusiasm has been at a bare minimum. As my mom so straight-forwardly put it across the dinner table: "Your hair is really ugly!" - even though I had just complimented her nice dinner. Apart from that, I think people have taken it very nicely, especially my friends. I was so happy to hear that you guys think it suits me / that it's cool that I dare do it. And then there are others, who stare at me as if I just became the craziest emo / attention-whore, which I actually think is a bit funny to experience. But yes, I'm happy with the incredibly pink hair I have acquired, even though it probably isn't here to stay for that long.


OH, AND ANNA? YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL. WITH OR WITHOUT PINK HAIR.


M A K E    Y O U R    C O L O R   W O R K !




Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry.

1 comment:

  1. Har Anna en blogspot? Hun virker helt vildt nice. Og hendes hår er meget flot!

    ReplyDelete